Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Siding and Insulation

So a variety of images from the past week. I have not been as motivated to blog about the goings on. I think there are several reasons for this including the late nights I have had trying to get off work, visit the house, come home make food, and then editing weddings. THANK GOD I just am finishing my last wedding for 2008. Now on to the other reasons I have not been keeping my many (1-3) regular viewers informed First, there has been very little progress to document. Second, I have been a lazy bum. Well here is what has been happening. The construction guys took an extended weekend and did not work from Wed of last week until today. That being said they got some major work done today. They put about 1/2 the siding on, and left the hardest part for I am guessing tomorrow. The insulation guy did his part and put all that in today as well. They also put in the gas lines, installed the electricity (notice the working electric meter), and water as well. No pun intended and we aren't even on a well. I also finally got some pictures of the roof in the daylight so those are on here tonight. Have fun with the pics and I will try to keep the site more current, 2-3 times a week updates and a weekend update with pictures from daytime. I also really want to do a video walk through of the house this next weekend.

Electric meter (working)
The basement all insulated. It was amazing the difference the insulation made even tonight when we were in the house.
Kitchen all ready for drywall I think.
The inside of the roof. The put some sort of carboard up there for insulatio I am guessing. We wills ee...
Outside shot during the day showing the roof and progress.
Close-up of the front window roofline.
Our siding about 2/3 the way up the back walls. Nothign on the front yet.
Kind athe same as above...
Gas meter.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

looking good! The insulation job looks real good also. You'll be in it soon, before snow?

Jamie said...

Nice roof!! And the electric meter definitely adds something. :)

mom2those3 said...

mmm...hmmm...looking good so far!

mom2those3 said...

Soooooo....it's been a while since your last post......

Jamie said...

New update please! I am eager to see these changes, you know! I've never watched the full process of a house being built before!