So today we stopped by and took a peak at the progress. The builders hadn't done anything since Tuesday. Today they started to work on the base layer for the cement that will be in the garage and basement. They also added some vapor barrier to the exterior walls in the basement and back filled a few walls in the main level.
The picture from the sidewalk. I am starting to think I will take this same shot every time we go out so we have one baseline picture.
As promised a picture of some of the lovely McDonalds trash. They cleaned some up, but I am beginning to think that construction workers are not known for cleanliness.
A closer picture of the substrate they put into the garage and basement. There was also this funky foam stuff all around. I do not know what that is. Rest assured I will find out and let you all know!
This is the basement now with all the base substrate. The cement should go on top of this.
The kitchen and main living room area with the exterior walls backfilled.
Some of the vapor barrier they painted on the exterior of below grade living areas.
The whole area that they added vapor barrier to. This will help keep the basement nice and dry (We Hope!!)Thanks for taking some time to look. Feel free to leave comments. If you have trouble leaving a comment it might be because this is a google based website, so you may need to log in with your gmail or google account if you have one.
1 comment:
It's so great to see the progression! I'm glad you're keeping us updated like this. I do have to say that the foamy stuff looks kind of creepy, though. :)
Jamie
Post a Comment